The MKU student portal login guide is here to help you access the portal with ease and get access to various resources. See our guide covering Thika Institute of Technology portal login below.
Thika Institute of Technology, which provided certificate and diploma programs, became Mount Kenya University in 1996. In operation till 2008 as a constituent institution of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT).
With its quick expansion, Mount Kenya University has created numerous campuses all around Kenya. Currently, campuses are run by the institution in Thika, Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Meru, Kakamega, Kisii, and Kitale. These campuses provide a wide range of programs to accommodate various geographic areas and student populations.
The focus at Mount Kenya University is on innovation and research. The university promotes faculty and student participation in research endeavors and knowledge creation. MKU engages with other universities and organizations to develop innovation and tackle societal concerns. It also supports interdisciplinary research initiatives.
Mount Kenya University has embraced technology integration in its teaching and learning processes because it understands the value of technology in education. To improve students’ educational experiences, the institution offers them access to digital resources, e-learning platforms, and cutting-edge technical infrastructure.
MKU Admission Requirement
To be successfully admitted into the university, the school has several criteria and conditions that have to be followed. Below we have listed out the admission requirements for undergraduate programs at MKU for you. Check it out!
Bachelor’s Degree Program Admission
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus).
- Meet the specific subject cluster requirements for the program you are applying to. Different programs may have specific subject prerequisites, so it is important to check Mount Kenya University’s official website or admission office for the specific subject requirements.
- For students who completed their KCSE before the current grading system was implemented, the entry requirements may be different. It is advisable to check with the university for specific details.
Diploma Program Admission
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum mean grade of C- (Minus).
- Meet the specific subject requirements for the diploma program you are applying to. Different diploma programs may have specific subject prerequisites, so it is important to check Mount Kenya University’s official website or admission office for the specific subject requirements.
Read Also: WPS Student Portal Login
- If you are applying for admission as a transfer student from another recognized university or college, you will need to provide transcripts from your previous institution.
- You will also need to meet the specific admission requirements for the program you are applying to at MKU.
How to Login to the MKU Student Portal
Finding out how to login to the student portal will guide you on the things you need to do, click and supply. This will help you not to waste time doing mistakes and trying all over again. See the steps to follow below.
To login to the Mount Kenya University (MKU) student portal, below are steps to take
- Open your web browser and go to the MKU website.
- Look for a menu or section on the website that is specifically dedicated to the student portal or online services. This is usually located in the top menu or in the footer of the website. Click on the appropriate link.
- You will be redirected to the MKU student portal login page.
- On the login page, you will typically find fields to enter your username and password. Enter your assigned username or student ID number in the username field.
- In the password field, enter the password associated with your student portal account. If you have not set a password or if you have forgotten it, there is usually an option for password recovery or password reset on the login page. Click on that link if needed and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- After entering your username and password, double-check that you have entered the correct information. Then click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button.
- If the entered credentials are correct, you will be granted access to the MKU student portal.
How to Retrieve your MKU Student Portal Login Password
Anybody can lose or forget his or her password to the student portal account. It could be due to one factor or the other. But whatever the case is, we have created a step-by-step guide to help get back into your account and access various academic activities.
Read Also: ASPEN University Student Portal Login
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the official website of Mount Kenya University.
- Look for a link or button related to the student portal or login. It might be labeled as “Student Portal,” “eLearning,” or something similar. Click on it to proceed.
- On the Student Portal login page, you should see an option like “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password.” Click on this link.
- You may be redirected to a password recovery page where you will need to provide your username or student ID number. Enter the required information accurately.
- After entering the necessary details, click on the “Submit” or “Reset Password” button.
- If the provided username or student ID is valid, you will receive an email from Mount Kenya University with further instructions on how to reset your password. Check your email inbox, including the spam or junk folder, for this email.
- Open the email from Mount Kenya University and follow the instructions provided. This usually involves clicking on a password reset link.
- Clicking on the password reset link will direct you to a page where you can enter a new password for your student portal account.
- Choose a strong and secure password, following any guidelines or requirements mentioned. It is recommended to use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- After setting your new password, save the changes.
- Return to the Mount Kenya University Student Portal login page and enter your username or student ID along with the new password to access your account.
List of Courses Offered at Mount Kenya University
the courses offered at Mount Kenya University:
School of Business and Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
School of Education
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Development
- Bachelor of Education in Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education in Arts
- Bachelor of Education in Science
Read Also: Miller Motte Student Portal Login
School of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Law:
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
School of Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
School of Computing and Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
School of Engineering and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
School of Public Health and Applied Human Sciences
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Environmental Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics