Here on Ustudentportal UMAT student portal information has been carefully outlined to help you get access to the student portal at ease.
The University of Mines and Technology student portal, often known as the UMAT student portal, is a web-based platform created to give students access to numerous academic and administrative resources. You might be able to explore course offers, register for classes, and modify your course schedule using the student portal. Academic Records: You get access to your academic records, which include degree progress, course histories, and grades for passed exams.
The National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana has granted UMAT accreditation. The NAB is in charge of guaranteeing the calibre and standards of Ghana’s institutions of higher learning. The NAB’s accreditation confirms that UMAT has satisfied the standards and specifications needed to provide accredited programmes and degrees.
Always check the institution’s accreditation status through recognised channels or by getting in touch with them directly. For the most up-to-date and accurate information on UMAT’s accreditation status and any specific programmes or departments, you can visit the official website of UMAT or the website of the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
Read Also: LAUSD Student Portal Login
How to Login to the UMAT student portal
You will typically need to follow these steps to login to the UMAT student portal:
- Open your web browser and visit the official UMAT website. The URL for the website is typically “https://www.umat.edu.gh/“.
- Look for a link or section on the website that is specifically related to the student portal. It may be labeled as “Student Portal,” “Student Login,” or something similar. This section is where you will find the login page for the student portal.
- Click on the link or button that directs you to the student portal login page.
- On the login page, you will usually be prompted to enter your login credentials. These credentials typically consist of a username and password. Sometimes, the university provides you with specific login information, or you may have created your own during registration or orientation.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields on the login page.
- Double-check the information you entered to ensure it is correct, and then click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button to proceed.
- If the provided login credentials are correct, you will be granted access to the UMAT student portal. You should now be able to navigate through the various features and resources available within the portal.
How to Retrieve your umat student portal Login Password
- Open your web browser and go to the UMAT website. The URL is usually “https://www.umat.edu.gh/”.
- Look for a link or section on the website related to the student portal or student login. It may be labeled as “Student Portal,” “Student Login,” or similar.
- Click on the link or button that leads you to the student login page.
- On the login page, you should see an option or link for password recovery or password reset. It is usually labeled as “Forgot Password,” “Reset Password,” or something similar. Click on that option.
- You may be directed to a new page where you will be asked to provide certain information to verify your identity. This can include your username, email address, student ID number, or other personal details.
- Fill in the required information accurately and submit the form.
- Depending on the university’s process, you will receive an email containing instructions to reset your password. The email will typically include a link or temporary password that you can use to access your student portal account.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email to reset your password. This may involve clicking on a link, entering a temporary password, and creating a new password of your choice.
- Once you have successfully reset your password, return to the student login page and enter your new password to access the UMAT student portal.
Read Also: Life School of Dallas Portal Login
UMAT Admission Requirements
General overview of the admission requirements for undergraduate programs at UMAT:
The Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), or an equivalent is typically required of applicants. Depending on the programme, other grades or an overall score may be required. For overseas applicants, the UMAT may additionally take into account other recognised credentials like the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level or overseas Baccalaureate (IB).
Core Subjects and Electives:
Candidates must have earned passing grades in science courses at the SSSCE or WASSCE level, typically including physics, chemistry, and biology. For some programmes, certain elective subjects might also be necessary. Elective mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, general agriculture, and technical drawing are a few examples of elective subjects.
Based on the grades received in the core areas and electives, UMAT determines an overall score. Depending on the programme, the total score is utilised to establish entrance eligibility. A lower overall score typically means a better probability of admission.
As part of the admissions process, some UMAT programmes may ask applicants to take a selection exam. The test may contain topics relevant to the programme of choice and gauge the applicant’s ability and familiarity with such topics.
Typically, applicants must fill out and submit an application form that UMAT provides. Personal data, educational history, and other pertinent information are gathered using this form.
Typically, an application fee needs to be paid at the time the application is submitted. It is best to check the UMAT website or get in touch with the admissions office to find out the most recent application price because it may change.
List of Courses Offered at UMAT
Here is a list of some of the courses typically offered at UMAT:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Geological Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Geomatic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Applied Physics
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Environmental and Safety Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Renewable Energy Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Minerals Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Petroleum Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mathematics with Economics
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Materials Engineering