Here on Ustudentportal ucm.uds.edu.gh Student Portal Login information has been carefully outlined to help you get access to the student portal at ease.
The University for Development Studies (UDS) portal is a web-based platform that provides students with access to various academic and administrative services. The portal serves as a centralized hub for students to manage their academic activities, access course materials, check grades, register for courses, make fee payments, communicate with faculty and peers, and access other relevant resources.
The portal allows students to view their academic records, including grades, transcripts, and progress reports. Students can also request official transcripts through the portal. Faculty members may upload course materials such as lecture notes, assignments, and supplementary resources to the portal for students to access and download.
About University for Development Studies (UDS)
UDS has multiple campuses located in different regions of Ghana, including Tamale, Wa, Nyankpala, and Navrongo. It was established in 1992 and is renowned for its focus on addressing development challenges through research, teaching, and community engagement.
Read Also: MSUCOM Student Portal Login
Here are some key points about the University for Development Studies:
- Mission: UDS is committed to providing higher education, promoting research, and fostering community engagement to contribute to sustainable development in Ghana and beyond.
- Academic Programs: UDS offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional programs across various disciplines. These programs cover areas such as agriculture, natural resources, health sciences, applied sciences, social sciences, education, and business.
- Focus on Development-Oriented Education: UDS places a strong emphasis on training professionals who can contribute to the development needs of society. The university’s programs integrate practical field experiences, research, and community engagement to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to address real-world challenges.
- Multidisciplinary Research: UDS is recognized for its research initiatives, particularly in the areas of agriculture, environmental studies, health sciences, social sciences, and development studies. The university encourages multidisciplinary research collaborations and partnerships to address complex development issues.
- Community Engagement: UDS is actively involved in community development and engagement. The university collaborates with local communities, government agencies, NGOs, and international organizations to undertake projects and initiatives that contribute to the well-being and development of the surrounding communities.
- Institutes and Centers: UDS hosts several institutes and centers that focus on specialized research, training, and outreach activities. These include the Institute for Interdisciplinary Research and Consultancy Services, Institute for Continuing Education and Interdisciplinary Research, Institute for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development, and the West African Centre for Water, Irrigation and Sustainable Agriculture.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: UDS has established collaborations and partnerships with local and international universities, research institutions, and development organizations. These collaborations foster knowledge exchange, joint research projects, and academic mobility programs for students and faculty.
- Distance Education: UDS offers distance learning programs through the College of Distance Education (CoDE). These programs provide flexible learning opportunities for individuals who are unable to pursue traditional full-time studies.
How to Login to the ucm.uds.edu.gh student portal login
- Visit the official UDS website: Go to the official website of the University for Development Studies.
- Locate the student portal: Look for a section or link on the website that is specifically dedicated to the student portal. It is typically labeled as “Student Portal,” “Portal,” or “Login.”
- Access the login page: Click on the appropriate link or button to access the login page of the UDS student portal.
- Enter your credentials: On the login page, you will be prompted to enter your login credentials. These usually consist of a username and password. Enter the required information accurately.
- Submit the login details: After entering your credentials, click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button to submit your login details.
- Access the student portal: If the provided login information is correct, you will be granted access to the UDS student portal. You should now be able to navigate through the portal and access various features and resources specific to your student account.
Read Also: Miller Motte Student Portal Login
How to Retrieve your ucm.uds.edu.gh student portal login Password
You can follow these general steps to retrieve your University for Development Studies (UDS) login password
- Visit the UDS student portal: Go to the official UDS website and navigate to the student portal login page.
- Locate the “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password” option: On the login page, look for a link or button that is specifically designated for password retrieval or resetting. This option is typically located near the login form.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password” option: Click on the provided link or button to initiate the password retrieval process.
- Provide the required information: You may be prompted to enter certain information to verify your identity. This could include your username, student ID number, or registered email address. Enter the requested information accurately.
- Submit the information: After entering the required information, click on the “Submit,” “Reset,” or similar button to proceed.
- Follow the instructions: Depending on the UDS student portal system, you will receive instructions on how to reset your password. This may involve receiving a password reset link via email or being asked to answer security questions.
- Check your email (if applicable): If the password reset process involves email verification, check your registered email inbox for any instructions or a password reset link. Follow the instructions provided in the email to reset your password.
- Set a new password: Once you have access to the password reset option, choose a strong, secure password and enter it according to the given instructions. Make sure to follow any password requirements or guidelines provided by the UDS student portal.
- Log in with your new password: After successfully resetting your password, return to the UDS student portal login page and enter your username and the new password to log in.
University for Development Studies Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
- Senior High School Certificate: Applicants must have a Senior High School Certificate (or its equivalent) with passes in core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science.
- Meet the Cut-off Point: Applicants must meet the minimum cut-off point for the selected program. The cut-off point is determined by UDS and may vary across different programs.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Results: Applicants must meet the minimum required grades in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) as specified by UDS.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must meet the age requirement specified by UDS. Generally, applicants should be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Selection Process: Admission to UDS is competitive, and selection is based on merit. Applicants are ranked according to their examination scores, and those with the highest scores are offered admission.
Read Also: WPS Student Portal Login
Postgraduate Admission Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Applicants must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution. The degree should be at least Second Class Lower Division or its equivalent.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts of their academic records from the previous institution(s) attended.
- Research Proposal: For research-based programs, applicants are usually required to submit a research proposal outlining their intended research topic and objectives.
- Recommendation Letters: Applicants may be required to provide recommendation letters from academic or professional referees who can speak to their abilities and qualifications.
- Relevant Work Experience (if applicable): Some postgraduate programs may require applicants to have relevant work experience in the field of study.
- Interview: Depending on the program, applicants may be required to undergo an interview or selection process to assess their suitability for admission.
List of Courses Offered at University for Development Studies
Here is a list of some of the courses offered at UDS:
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Food Science and Technology
- Physician Assistantship
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Environmental Health
Applied Sciences Courses:
- Applied Biology
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Physics
- Computer Science
Natural Resources Management Courses:
- Natural Resource Management
- Environmental Science
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Water Resources Management
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development
Read Also: Miller-motte Student Portal Login
Social Sciences and Humanities Courses:
- Development Studies
- Geography and Rural Development
- History and Political Studies
- Social Work
Business and Management Courses:
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Public Administration
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Basic Education
- Agricultural Extension
- Guidance and Counseling
- Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Social Studies Education
Architecture and Planning Courses:
- Land Use Planning
- Real Estate Management and Finance
- Community Development
Law and Legal Studies: