RMU student portal gives you access to various academic information. This guide will help you to login into your account, help you retrieve your passwords if forgotten and a host of others.
Students now have online access to a number of RMU-specific academic and administrative resources thanks to the Regional Maritime University (RMU) student portal. Through the student portal, you can view course offers, register for classes, and change your course schedule. Academic Records: You have access to your academic records, which include your progress towards a degree, your course history, and your exam grades.
The Regional Maritime University (RMU) has received accreditation from West Africa. RMU has received accreditation from the Ghanaian National Accreditation Board (NAB). The NAB is responsible for ensuring the calibre and standards of Ghana’s higher education institutions. The NAB’s accreditation attests to RMU’s compliance with the requirements and standards necessary to offer certified programmes and degrees.
In addition to its national accreditation, RMU is recognised as a reputable institution in the maritime sector by its membership in a variety of international maritime bodies and associations, such as the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).
How to Login to the RMU student portal
- Open your web browser and visit the official Regional Maritime University (RMU) website. The URL for the website is typically “https://www.rmu.edu.gh/”.
- Look for a link or section on the website that is specifically related to the student portal or student login. It may be labeled as “Student Portal,” “Student Login,” or something similar. This section is where you will find the login page for the student portal.
- Click on the link or button that directs you to the student portal login page.
- On the login page, you will typically be prompted to enter your login credentials. These credentials usually consist of a username and password. Sometimes, the university provides you with specific login information, or you may have created your own during registration or orientation.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields on the login page.
- Double-check the information you entered to ensure it is correct, and then click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button to proceed.
- If the provided login credentials are correct, you will be granted access to the RMU student portal. You should now be able to navigate through the various features and resources available within the portal.
Read Also: Brentwood Student Portal Login
How to Retrieve your rmu student portal Login Password
If you forget your RMU student portal login password, you can follow these steps to retrieve or reset it:
- Open your web browser and go to the official Regional Maritime University (RMU) website. The URL is typically “https://www.rmu.edu.gh/“.
- Look for a link or section on the website related to the student portal or student login. It may be labeled as “Student Portal,” “Student Login,” or similar.
- Click on the link or button that leads you to the student login page.
- On the login page, you should see an option or link for password recovery or password reset. It is usually labeled as “Forgot Password,” “Reset Password,” or something similar. Click on that option.
- You may be directed to a new page where you will be asked to provide certain information to verify your identity. This can include your student ID number, email address, or other personal details.
- Fill in the required information accurately and submit the form.
- Depending on the university’s process, you will receive an email containing instructions to reset your password. The email will typically include a link or temporary password that you can use to access your student portal account.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email to reset your password. This may involve clicking on a link, entering a temporary password, and creating a new password of your choice.
- Once you have successfully reset your password, return to the student login page and enter your new password to access the RMU student portal.
RMU Admission Requirements
Depending on the programme or degree you want to apply for, Regional Maritime University’s (RMU) particular admission requirements may change.
RMU may also take into account other accepted credentials, such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) for international applicants or the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level. A Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), a West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), or an equivalent is normally needed of applicants. Depending on the programme, different grades or total scores may be necessary.
Read Also: UIC Student Portal Login
Core Subjects and Electives:
Candidates must have obtained passing grades in physics, chemistry, and biology courses at the SSSCE or WASSCE levels. Some elective subjects may also be required for some programmes. Elective subjects include things like arithmetic, chemistry, physics, biology, technical drawing, and any other subjects relevant to the curriculum of interest.
RMU assigns an overall grade based on the grades in the mandatory courses and the electives. The total score is used to determine entrance eligibility depending on the curriculum. Generally speaking, a lower overall score increases the likelihood of admission.
A selection exam may be required of applicants for some RMU programmes as part of the admissions process. The test may cover subjects related to the curriculum of choice and assess the applicant’s knowledge of and aptitude for such subjects.
Normally, candidates must complete and submit an application form through RMU. This form is used to collect personal information, educational background information, and other relevant data.
A processing charge must be paid when the application is turned in. It is preferable to check the RMU website or contact the admissions office to learn the current application fee.
Read Also: AMDA Student Portal Login
List of Courses Offered at RMU
Regional Maritime University (RMU) offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nautical Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Port and Shipping Administration
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Telecommunications Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Oil and Gas Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Logistics Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Maritime Affairs (Shipping Management and Logistics)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Maritime Affairs (Port Management)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Marine Electrical and Electronic Engineering