Here on Ustudentportal Mount Kenya University student portal information has been carefully outlined to help you get access to the student portal at ease.
Through the student portal, students can enroll in courses online. They may manage their course schedules, see the available courses, and choose the ones they want to enroll in.Students can view their academic data, including grades, transcripts, and course progress, through the portal. As required, they can examine and download these documents.
Students can access their fee invoices and make online fee payments through the student portal. They can print fee receipts and view their payment history. Through the student portal, students can sign up to receive crucial announcements, news updates, and notifications from the university. It acts as a conduit for information between the college and its students.
About Mount kenya university
As the Thika Institute of Technology (TIT), which offered professional degrees, MKU was founded in 1996. In 2008, it underwent further development and changed its name to Mount Kenya University. A world-class center of excellence in teaching, research, innovation, and community service is what MKU aspires to become. The university’s goals are to advance research and innovation, deliver top-notch instruction, and support societal advancement.
Undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses are just a few of the many academic programs that MKU provides. These programs cover a wide range of subject areas, including education, social sciences, health sciences, law, engineering, computer technology, and business and management. The Kenyan government established MKU, and the Kenyan Commission for University Education (CUE) has granted it accreditation. Aside from that, it belongs to a number of regional, continental, and global organizations, including as the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA).
How to Login to the mount kenya university student portal
To login to the Mount Kenya University (MKU) student portal, you can follow these steps:
- Open a web browser: Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the MKU student portal website: Enter the web address for the MKU student portal in the address bar of the browser. The specific URL for the student portal may be provided by the university or available on their official website.
- Enter your login credentials: On the student portal login page, you will typically find fields to enter your username and password. Enter your assigned username and password in the respective fields.
- Click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button: After entering your login credentials, click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button to proceed.
- Access your student portal account: If your username and password are correct, you will be logged into your Mount Kenya University student portal account. You will now have access to various features and services provided by the portal.
- Explore the student portal: Once logged in, you can navigate through the student portal to access information related to your courses, academic records, exam results, fee payments, and other relevant services.
How to Retrieve your mount kenya university student portal Login Password
- Open the MKU student portal login page: Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device and visit the Mount Kenya University student portal login page. The specific URL for the student portal may be provided by the university or available on their official website.
- Locate the “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password” option: On the login page, there is usually an option for password recovery. Look for a link or button that says “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password.” Click on this option to initiate the password retrieval process.
- Provide the required information: After clicking on the “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password” option, you will be prompted to provide certain information to verify your identity. This information may include your student ID number, email address, or other personal details.
- Follow the instructions: Once you have provided the necessary information, follow the instructions provided on the screen. This may involve answering security questions, confirming your email address, or receiving a password reset link in your email.
- Check your email: If the password reset process involves email verification, check your email inbox associated with your MKU student account. Look for an email from the university with instructions on how to reset your password. Follow the instructions provided in the email to reset your password.
- Set a new password: Once you have accessed the password reset link or followed the instructions in the email, you will be directed to a page where you can set a new password for your MKU student portal account. Choose a strong, unique password and enter it as prompted.
- Log in with the new password: After successfully setting a new password, return to the MKU student portal login page and enter your username and the newly created password to access your student portal account.
Mount kenya university Admission Requirements
Here are some general admission requirements for undergraduate programs at MKU:
- KCSE mean grade of D+ (plus) or its equivalent.
- KCSE mean grade of C- (minus) or its equivalent.
- Relevant certificate from a recognized institution.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs:
- KCSE mean grade of C+ (plus) or its equivalent.
- Specific subject cluster requirements may apply, depending on the program.
- For some programs, a minimum grade in specific subjects (such as Mathematics and English) may be required.
Postgraduate Programs (Master’s Degree):
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum GPA requirements may apply, depending on the program.
- Some programs may require relevant work experience or additional qualifications.
Postgraduate Programs (Ph.D.):
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum GPA requirements may apply, depending on the program.
- Research proposal or statement of purpose may be required.
List of Courses Offered at mount kenya university
- Business and Management:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Economics
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Health Sciences:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Information Technology and Computing:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Social Sciences and Humanities:
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Development Studies
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Engineering and Technology:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Pure and Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Applied Microbiology