Looking for the MMUST student portal guide to help you access the portal with ease and get access to various resources? Then our guide has covered all concerning your search.
You normally need a username and password supplied by the institution to use the MMUST student portal. When you enroll as a student or are admitted, you are often handed certain credentials. You can sign up for classes each semester or academic term through the student portal. You can go through the available courses, review the class schedules, and choose the classes you want to sign up for. Additionally, some portals could offer tools for removing or adding courses before predetermined dates.
The student portal might feature sections devoted to money-related topics, like tuition costs, payment methods, and information about financial help or scholarships. It may be a practical tool for managing and viewing your financial data.
The site provides tools for communicating with professors, peers, or university personnel. Sending emails, commenting on message boards, or using student email accounts are examples of this.
The Moi University constituent college MMUST was founded in 2007. In 2013, it received full university status and was given the name Masinde Muliro in honor of the well-known Kenyan politician and liberation fighter.Being a top university for science and technology with a focus on community participation, teaching, and research is how MMUST envisions itself. The university’s aim is to develop knowledge, deliver high-quality instruction, and propose original responses to society problems.
The institution places a high priority on innovation and research. The institution has research institutes and centers dedicated to subjects like entrepreneurship, environmental studies, health sciences, agriculture, and renewable energy. It motivates academic staff and students to conduct research and add to the body of knowledge. The campus of MMUST is well-stocked with contemporary amenities such classrooms, labs, libraries, computer centers, sports facilities, and dorms for students. The institution offers a supportive setting for instruction, learning, and research.
With a wide range of clubs, groups, and extracurricular activities, MMUST offers a vibrant student life. To help students’ overall growth, the institution offers support services like mentoring, career counseling, and counseling.
How to Login to the MMUST student portal
- Open a web browser: Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the MMUST student portal: Type in the URL or web address for the MMUST student portal in the address bar of your browser. The specific URL for the MMUST student portal may be provided by the university or available on their official website.
- Access the login page: Once you reach the MMUST student portal website, look for the login or sign-in option. It is usually located at the top right corner of the page or prominently displayed on the homepage.
- Enter your credentials: On the login page, you will typically find fields to enter your username and password. Enter your assigned username and the corresponding password accurately.
- Click “Login” or “Sign In”: After entering your credentials, click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button to proceed.
- Navigate the student portal: Upon successful login, you will be directed to the MMUST student portal dashboard. From there, you can access various features and services available to students, such as course registration, academic records, exam results, and communication tools.
How to Retrieve your MMUST student Portal Login Password
The following steps will help you to retrieve your Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) student portal login password :
- Open the MMUST student portal login page: Launch a web browser and visit the MMUST student portal login page. This page is typically provided by the university or can be found on their official website.
- Locate the “Forgot Password” option: On the login page, look for a link or button that says “Forgot Password” or something similar. This option is usually located near the login fields.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link: Click on the “Forgot Password” link or button to initiate the password retrieval process.
- Provide your username or email: You may be asked to provide your username or the email address associated with your student account. Enter the required information accurately.
- Verify your identity: To ensure the security of your account, you may need to go through an identity verification process. This may involve answering security questions or confirming personal details.
- Follow the instructions: Once you have provided the necessary information and passed the identity verification process, you will receive instructions on how to reset your password. This may involve receiving a password reset link via email or being prompted to create a new password directly on the portal.
- Reset your password: Follow the instructions provided to reset your password. Choose a new password that meets the specified requirements (e.g., length, complexity), and confirm the new password.
- Log in with your new password: Once you have successfully reset your password, return to the MMUST student portal login page and enter your username or email along with your new password to log in.
MMUST Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE): Candidates must have at least a C+ (C plus) average or the equivalent in the KCSE exam.
- Depending on the program, specific subject requirements may change. Certain subjects or combinations of subjects at the KCSE level may be necessary for some programs.
- Each program may have distinct minimum entry requirements, such as a required grade in a certain course or a minimum point total.
- A portfolio submission, an interview, or success on a particular test may be part of some programs’ additional requirements.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements:
- Candidates must hold an appropriate Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with the minimum grade required by the institution and the particular program.
- Applicants must submit certified copies of their undergraduate transcripts, which list the courses they took and the grades they earned.
- Some postgraduate programs could demand that applicants have relevant work experience related to their subject of study. The program’s specific requirements govern this requirement.
- In order to be considered for research-based postgraduate programs, candidates may need to submit a research proposal that details their planned subject matter, goals, and research design.
- Applicants might be asked to provide letters of support from professors who can judge their qualifications and fit for the program.
- Applicants may be asked to attend an interview as part of the selection process, depending on the program.
List of Courses Offered at MMUST
Here is a list of some of the courses offered at MMUST:
1. School of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
2. School of Business and Economics:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Bachelor of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Statistics
3. School of Education:
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Special Needs Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Technology Education)
3. School of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication and Information Engineering
4. School of Medicine:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
5. School of Natural Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics with Computing
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
6. School of Nursing and Midwifery:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health Nursing
7. School of Computing and Informatics:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology
8. School of Social Sciences and Humanities:
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Gender and Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Archaeology