JKUAT Student portal gives you access to various academic information. This guide will help you to login into your account, help you retrieve your passwords if forgotten and a host of others.
Students can access different academic and administrative services via the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) student portal, which is an online platform. It gives students a central location to access crucial information, register for classes, pay fees, view their academic records, and communicate with the university.
Access to academic documents including transcripts, grades, and course progress is made possible by the student portal. Students can track their academic progress, view their scores, and check their GPA.Students can access the portal to view their fee statements, pay fees online, and print receipts for their payments. It gives students a practical approach to handle their financial responsibilities to the university.
Prior to its establishment as a full-fledged university in 1994, JKUAT was founded in 1981 as a constituent institution of the University of Nairobi. In honor of Jomo Kenyatta, Kenya’s first President, and his work advancing education and technical advancement, the university bears his name.
There are numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs available at JKUAT in a variety of subject areas. The university is home to numerous faculties and schools, including, among others, the faculties of agriculture, engineering, computing and information technology, health sciences, business, and architecture and building sciences.
Research and Innovation are highly valued at JKUAT. The university supports academic and student participation in research projects that expand knowledge and tackle societal issues. JKUAT is renowned for its technological, engineering, and agricultural research.
The JKUAT campus is outfitted with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to facilitate teaching, learning, and research. The institution has state-of-the-art labs, libraries, classrooms, computer labs, and athletic facilities. It also has specialized research and innovation centers and institutes.
JKUAT has solid relationships with businesses and organizations that support student learning through collaboration. These collaborations frequently give students access to research opportunities, industrial linkages, and internships.
JKUAT has received accreditation from the Kenyan Commission for University Education (CUE). The university’s compliance with the necessary academic requirements and quality control is ensured by this certification.
JKUAT regularly participates in community outreach initiatives. In order to address societal concerns, transfer technology, and contribute to the growth of the local communities, the university works in partnership with regional communities, governmental organizations, and businesses.
How to Retrieve your JKUAT student portal Login Password
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to the official JKUAT website. The website address is typically “https://www.jkuat.ac.ke/” OR go to http://sodel2.jkuat.ac.ke/common/juja/login/index.php.
- Look for the “Student Portal” or “Login” link on the website’s homepage. It is usually located in the top-right corner or in the navigation menu.
- Click on the “Student Portal” or “Login” link to access the login page.
- On the login page, you will usually find a link or option for password recovery or forgot password. The text for this link may vary, but it is generally something like “Forgot Password?” or “Reset Password.”
- Click on the “Forgot Password?” or “Reset Password” link to initiate the password recovery process.
- You may be prompted to enter your username or student number to verify your identity. Provide the required information and proceed.
- The student portal will guide you through the password recovery process. This may involve sending a password reset link to your registered email address or providing security questions to verify your identity.
- Follow the instructions provided in the password recovery process, whether it’s clicking on a link in the email or answering security questions.
- Once you have successfully completed the password recovery process, you will be able to set a new password for your JKUAT student portal login.
JKUAT Admission Requirements
Here are some general guidelines for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions requirements for Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology :
Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE): Candidates must have at least a C+ (plus) average overall in the KCSE exam.
- Subject Requirements: Depending on the program selected, certain subject requirements may change. The minimum grade standards in the pertinent disciplines for the program being applied for must be met by applicants.
- Additional Certificate/Diploma Courses: Candidates for some programs may be eligible for direct entry into higher levels provided they possess the necessary certificate or diploma qualifications.
- Application form: Those applying must fill out the official application form, which is available at the JKUAT admissions office or online at the university. The form must be completely filled out and submitted before the deadline.
- Application fees: Depending on the program and level of study, applicants may be required to pay a non-refundable application cost.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a Second Class Honors (Upper Division) or its equivalent from an accredited university. Depending on the curriculum, there may be different grade requirements.
Official transcripts and certifications from each previous academic institution attended by the applicant must be submitted.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants may be asked to provide letters of recommendation from professors or experts in the topic in question.
- Statement of Purpose: A statement of purpose summarizing the applicant’s research interests and professional objectives may be required by some postgraduate programs.
- Application form: Just like with undergraduate admissions, candidates must submit a formal application, which can be picked up from the admissions office or downloaded from the school’s website.
- Application Fee: Applicants are generally required to pay a non-refundable application fee for postgraduate programs.
List of Courses Offered at JKUAT
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics