Don’t get lost in the crowd find the step-by-step guide on HELB Student portal login account, find out how to retrieve your password, and more in the article below.
The West Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is an organization in Kenya that provides financial support to students pursuing higher education. Its primary mandate is to provide loans and bursaries to eligible students and ensure the efficient disbursement and recovery of the funds.
West HELB offers various loan programs to cater to different educational needs. The most notable program is the Higher Education Loans Program (HELP), which provides loans to students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies in accredited institutions. The loans cover tuition fees, accommodation, and other related expenses.
In addition to loans, West HELB also offers scholarships to outstanding students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance and financial need. These scholarships cover full or partial tuition fees, providing deserving students with opportunities for higher education.
West HELB collaborates with various stakeholders, including universities, colleges, government agencies, and private organizations, to enhance its operations and reach a wider range of students. These partnerships help in funding, loan recovery efforts, and providing additional support services to loan beneficiaries.
West HELB plays a crucial role in enabling access to higher education for students who may not have the financial means to pursue their studies. By providing loans and scholarships, the organization empowers students to acquire knowledge and skills, ultimately contributing to their personal growth, career development, and the socio-economic progress of Kenya.
About HELB Student Portal Login Account
The HELB (Higher Education Loans Board) Student Portal Login Account is an online platform that allows students in Kenya to access and manage their HELB loan accounts.
o access the HELB Student Portal, students need to create an account. During the loan application process, students are provided with login credentials, including a username and password. These credentials are used to log in to the Student Portal.
Once logged in, students can view comprehensive details about their HELB loans. This includes the loan amount, disbursement status, loan repayment schedule, and any accrued interest or penalties. Students can also access loan statements and track their repayment progress.
List of Courses Offered at Higher Education Loans Board
HELB does not offer courses directly, but it provides loans and scholarships to eligible students studying various courses at approved institutions in Kenya and abroad.
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Information Technology
- Business and Commerce
- Education and Teaching
- Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
- Law and Legal Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Media and Communication Studies
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Public Administration and Governance
- Architecture and Planning
- Sports Science and Management
- Music, Fine Arts, and Performing Arts
- Community Development
- Religious Studies
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
How to Login to the HELB Student Portal
You can’t just login to the students portal if you are not properly guided. Many students make this mistake, and that is why we crafted a solution for that. Below is a practical guide on how to login to the SEKU student portal.
- Open your web browser and go to the HELB website.
- Look for a menu or section on the website that is specifically dedicated to the student portal or online services. This is usually located in the top menu or in the footer of the website. Click on the appropriate link.
- You will be redirected to the HELB student portal login page.
- On the login page, you will typically find fields to enter your username and password. Enter your assigned username or email address in the username field.
- In the password field, enter the password associated with your HELB student portal account. If you have not set a password or if you have forgotten it, there is usually an option for password recovery or password reset on the login page. Click on that link if needed and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- After entering your username and password, double-check that you have entered the correct information. Then click on the “Login” or “Sign In” button.
- If the entered credentials are correct, you will be granted access to the HELB student portal.
How to Retrieve your HELB Student Portal Login Password
No clamoring, no more crumbling. If you have forgotten your login password to the student portal, I have good news for you. We have researched how to get back into your account by retrieving your password. How do you do that? Find out how below.
- Visit the official HELB website. Go to www.helb.co.ke.
- On the homepage, click on the “LOGIN/REGISTER” button. This will take you to the login page of the student portal.
- On the login page, you will see a link that says “Forgot Password?” or “Reset Password.” Click on that link.
- You will be directed to a password recovery page where you will be asked to provide some information to verify your identity. The information may include your National ID or Passport Number, your Birth Certificate Number, or your HELB Loan Account Number. Enter the required information in the provided fields.
- After entering the required information, click on the “Submit” or “Reset Password” button.
- If the information you provided matches the records in the HELB system, you will receive an email or an SMS with instructions on how to reset your password.
- Check your email or mobile phone for the reset password instructions. Follow the provided instructions to reset your password.
- Once you have successfully reset your password, return to the HELB student portal login page and enter your username and the new password to access your account.
HELB Admission Requirements
To be eligible for a HELB loan or scholarship, you generally need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Kenyan citizen: HELB loans and scholarships are available to Kenyan citizens who meet the set criteria.
- Enroll in a recognized institution: You must be admitted or enrolled in a recognized higher education institution, such as a university or college, that is recognized by the Kenyan government.
- Pursue an eligible program: The program you are pursuing should be recognized and approved by the relevant regulatory bodies in Kenya, such as the Commission for University Education (CUE) or the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
- Meet the academic requirements: You need to meet the academic qualifications and entry requirements set by the institution you are attending.
- Have financial need: HELB loans are primarily need-based, meaning they are intended to assist students who demonstrate a financial need for funding their education.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress: To continue receiving HELB funding, you may be required to maintain a certain academic performance level or meet specific criteria set by HELB.